24/7 Free & Confidential Hotline: 1-877-334-2887

Browse safely

Leave this site quickly. Quick Escape



  • Community Action Center (CAC)
    • Office is open 8-4:30, M-F, make an appointment with a Housing Solutions staff member, which is the first step to receiving this resource. Homeless housing assistance is based on the current situation and available funds. CAC may be able to provide 1-3 nights for a hotel stay.
    • (509) 334-9147 | (800) 482-3991
  • Pullman Child Welfare Crisis Housing
    • Must be a Whitman County resident to receive services and apply online.
    • https://pullmanchildwelfare.org/ | (509) 338-0801
  • Pullman Police Department Crisis Housing
    • Motel vouchers may be issued to people who are currently unhoused after a review of the individuals housing needs and options for housing assistance.
    • (509) 332-2521
  • Family Promise Of The Palouse Emergency Shelter
    • Emergency shelter is for families experiencing homelessness.
    • https://www.familypromisepalouse.org/emergency-shelter | (208) 882-0165


  • Family Promise of the Palouse
    • Prevention Services that serve families at risk of homelessness through case management, rental assistance and landlord mediation.
    • (208) 882-0165
  • Goodwill Industries Of The Inland Northwest
    • Goodwill Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
      • Supportive Services for Veteran Families helps eligible, low-income Veterans who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless secure safe and stable housing. This grant program can assist with rent, utilities, housing searches, application fees, etc.
      • https://discovergoodwill.org/supportive-services-for-veteran-families/ | (509) 828-2449
    • Goodwill Foundational Community Supports (FCS)
      • Foundational Community Supports (FCS) helps people who have extreme problems finding stable housing and employment. People who participate in this program must qualify for Medicaid and have a diagnosed health need or are homeless with a disability. Health needs include mental health care or substance abuse care.
      • https://discovergoodwill.org/Foundational-community-supports/
      • Whitman County: (509) 904-7001
      • Administrative: (509) 838-4246
  • Community Action Center:
    • Section 8 Housing
      • The Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federal program administered through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Spokane Housing Authority (SHA). In Whitman County, the Community Action Center administers the program.
      • https://www.cacwhitman.org/section-8-housing/ | (509) 334-9147
    • Eviction Prevention
      • CAC may be able to assist tenants with funds to prevent eviction. Call during office hours, 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday, to schedule an appointment with a housing specialist to see if you qualify. Eviction Prevention Assistance is based on applicant qualifying and available funds.
      • (509) 334-9147


  • Community Action Center
    • CAC operates a transitional housing program that provides subsidy for rent based on household income. Candidates are screened and the situation is assessed by a Housing Solutions staff member, and an application is submitted based upon the initial screening and assessment process.
  • Washington State Department Of Veterans Affairs: VA Transitional Housing Program
    • The 100-bed transitional housing program is available to assist men and women veterans in need of stable housing, vocational rehabilitation, and increased income potential. Veterans are surrounded with supportive staff and wraparound services designed to lead to their successful completion of the program and a successful return to the community.
    • https://www.dva.wa.gov/veterans-their-families/veterans-benefits/housing-resources/veterans-transitional-housing-program
    • 800-562-2308
  • Sojourner’s Alliance Transitional Housing
    • A transitional housing facility for homeless men, women and families. Single Shelter/ Transitional Family Units
    • https://www.sojournersalliance.org/ | (208) 883-3438