ATVP maintains a safe, confidential shelter here on the Palouse for people in danger due to domestic violence. We provide food and clothing for survivors and their children. Staff are available for help, emotional support, and case management, and individuals living with disabilities will be accommodated.
For more information on what our shelter program entails, or if you believe you might be in need of shelter, please call us at any time. An advocate will discuss your situation and help you decide if shelter is the right option for you.
We appreciate the support of many community members who want to help survivors by donating toward our shelter. Because our storage space is limited, we ask donors to stick to our current list of shelter needs.
Items marked with an asterisk are high demand items.
Please note: We are currently fully stocked on clothing of all sizes and types. Clothing is not a current need for us.*
If you would like to donate clothing, please consider the UCC Thrift Shop in Pullman and the Hope Center in Moscow. Both of these thrift stores provide vouchers for our clients to use in their stores. Feel free to call us in the future to see if our clothing needs have changed.
*However, we will always take new, unopened socks, underwear, and bras. We are also taking hats and gloves during the winter.
New and unopened:
- *Socks (including children’s)
- Cereal and Oatmeal
- Canned Fruit and Vegetables
- Pasta and Pasta Sauces
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Meat (tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Condiment Items/Spices
- Granola/Breakfast Bars/Crackers
- Trash Bags
- Dish Soap/Cleansers
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Sponges/Kitchen Scrubs
- Bleach/Spray Cleaners
- Laundry Soap
- Toilet Cleaners/Floor Cleaner
- Paper Products (tissue, tp, etc.)
- Non-Used Pillows
- Full and Twin Sheet Sets
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Hygiene Items (deodorant, toothbrush, etc.)
New or gently used:
- *Warm Clothing (hats, gloves, etc.)
- DVDs (G-PG13)
- Activity Books (all ages)
- Craft Supplies/Books (all genres)
- Gift Cards/Massages/Movie Tickets
- Light Bulbs
- Laundry Baskets
- Dishes/ Bake Ware
- Silverware/Cooking Utensils
- Alarm Clock Radios
- Haircut gift certificates are always a hot item for our clients – make a life change with a new look!
- We can recycle your old cell phones or mobile devices! Just bring them by any of our offices. Save the environment AND help survivors of power-based violence!
We generally do not accept anything not listed above, as we do not have the resources to handle these items. However, if you have a specialty item to donate or would like to organize a donation drive (i.e. canned food, quilts, car wash, etc.), please contact us at the phone numbers at the top of the page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse sincerely appreciates your thoughtfulness in donating to our organization. Your kindness and generosity make a difference!